Jacquard iDye Poly Synthetic Fabrics Dye 14g - Crimson 457
Jacquard iDye Poly is for synthetic fibres such as polyester and nylon. It will colour almost anything synthetic, including plastics and acrylics, buttons, frisbee discs, 3D printed objects, toys, dolls, wigs, urethane coatings and more!
The dye comes in a dissolvable packet, so there are never any messy powders to handle. Simply drop the packet in a pot of water, add your fabric or objects and bring to a boil.
- One packet dyes 2-3 lbs/1-1.3 kg of dry fabric.
- iDye Poly is not odorless - use in a well-ventilated area.
- Not all synthetic fibres are created equal. Results may vary depending on type of fabric, temperature of dye bath and duration.
- Always test first.
- Dye bath is safe to pour down drain/septic systems.
This package contains 0.49oz of dye and 0.47oz of colour intensifier.
Conforms to ASTM D 4236.
Made in USA.
Polyester is difficult to dye and requires high heat to achieve good colour; therefore, Jacquard only recommend dyeing polyester with the stove top method.
NOTE: Instructions are for achieving the most vibrant colour. For lighter shades, dissolve dye packet in small container with hot water. Add the appropriate amount of dissolved dye to the dye bath to achieve the desired shade. Keep in mind that colour will deepen the longer the fabric is in the dye bath.
Stove top method for 100% polyester and nylon: Note: utensils and pot used for dyeing should not be used for food.
- Fill a stainless steel or enamel pot with just enough water for the fabric to move freely. Turn heat on high.
- Add the iDye Poly soluble dye packet and iDye Color Intensifier to water and stir until dissolved.
- Add pre-wetted garments or fabric and bring to a rolling boil. Maintain temperature and stir frequently for ½ to 1 hour. For uniform colour, use constant agitation.
- Wash the garment with a mild detergent and dry.