Worbla Crystal Art (WCA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding Pearls - 250g
Worbla Crystal Art (WCA) are versatile thermoplastic modelling and moulding pearls from the Worbla’s Art Series. WCA is activated by a hot heat at approximately 110°C (230°F) and hardens after about 10 minutes but can be reactivated at any time. It is recommended that heat protection gloves be worn when working with WCA. It is ideal for use with moulds or free-form modelling for crafting mixed media arts, costumes and props. It can also be used for smoothing and filling edges and gaps in creations made with the Worbla’s Transpa Art.
- Can be reactivated with heat as often as required at approximately 110°C (230°F)
- It is recommended that heat protection gloves be worn when working with WCA
- Can be dyed directly with glass paints or painted afterwards
- Works perfectly with silicone moulds
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Simple, safe and clean handling, suitable for beginners and professionals
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Leftovers can be re-used and under normal conditions it can be stored for years
To use; Place the little pearls into a baking paper case and heat them with a heat gun tool. As soon as the material becomes sticky and gels together it is ready to work with.
Heating tip; Heating WCA with a hot air heat gun makes it extremely sticky and will allow it stick to almost anything.
Colouring & dyeing WCA; Glass paint, spray-paint and permanent markers can be used for colouring WCA. Using glass paint you can even dye the material itself, just put on some latex gloves and mix the acrylic with the activated pearls and wait until it‘s hardened plus a few more minutes. Afterwards you can reactivate and use the WCA without any mess because the acrylic stays inside the material even while activated allowing for very fine filigree works to be created.