Worbla Finest Art (WFA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding Sheet - 370mm x 500mm x 1mm
Worbla ® Finest Art (WFA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding sheet is the classic and best-known thermoplastic crafting material around the world. WFA can be heated and used in sheet form or kneaded into a putty form for free-form modelling and casting with moulds. Almost anything is possible with this versatile material - detailed embossed surfaces and masks, headdresses, costumes, armours, props, ornaments, phone cases, costume jewellery, brooches, key fobs, hanging mobile shapes and figurines as well as all different kind of decoration – the only limit is your imagination!
- WFA can be re-activated with heat as often as required to approximately 80-90°C / 175-195°F
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Excellent repair and connecting possibilities, can be combined with other thermoplastics
- Contains a very strong glue and it can be blended very well
- Surface provides good adherence for all acrylic paint colours, varnish, glue, etc.
- No leftovers and under normal conditions it can be stored for years
- Simple, safe and clean handling, also for beginners
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
Use a heat source like a heat gun approximately 80-90°C / 175-195°F to soften and manipulate to the shape you require. The WFA is alterable by re-heating at any time. It hardens quickly and because of the extra glue inside, it is very easy to heat and attach several layers and parts together. Therefore you can decide to work with two layers right from the start or add extra parts and ornaments later on.
Don't throw offcuts away because scraps of WFA can be heated and blended together so there's no waste at all. These leftovers can be moulded just like putty and almond paste or rolled out with a rolling pin or pasta maker into sheet form.
For best results, prime the surface with an acrylic primer before painting. Acrylic paint, spray-paint and permanent markers can be used for painting and colouring WFA’s surface.