Worbla Transpa Art (WTA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding Sheet - 500mm x 750mm x 0.8mm
Worbla ® Transpa Art (WTA) is a transparent thermoplastic modelling and moulding material for crafters, mixed media artists, costume and props creators. When heated, WTA is incredibly flexible and will stretch beautifully over forms, harden and hold the shape very well. WTA can also be heated and kneaded into a putty form for free-form modelling and used with moulds.
- Can be reactivated with heat as often as required to approximately 120°C / 250°F
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Several layers / pieces can be connected e.g. with superglue, rivets, a soldering iron and more
- Extremely flexible but inherently stable
- Can be dyed directly or painted afterwards
- Simple, safe and clean handling when wearing gloves, also for beginners
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Leftovers can be re-used and under normal conditions it can be stored for years
To use; WTA should be heated to 120°C / 250°F with a heat gun. It is strongly advised to wear heat protective gloves with rubberised fingers when working with WTA.
It cools down after a few minutes and can be reactivated as often as required, so when modelling complex shapes, work gradually bit by bit over areas. It is recommended to use a wet sponge, an old tooth brush or sculpting tools to help stretch and shape it over a form.
You can also cast WTA into moulds. When kneaded the material becomes a little bit milky, making it is possible to create e.g. nicely shining gemstones with LEDs.
Colouring & dyeing WTA; Glass and ceramic paints and spray paint can be used for painting models. WTA can be dyed with a synthetics fabric dye e.g. iDyePoly®. There are simply many possibilities for making your WTA colourful!
Joining layers of WTA; To connect several pieces or layers in constructions, Worbla recommend using clear superglue to maintain transparency. Other ways to join layers include, rivets, a soldering iron and hot glue.
Removing excess from models; Surplus material should be removed from models by re-heating and trimming excess with scissors.
Before using Worbla Transpa Art for the first time it‘s strongly advised to watch the Introduction video (with English subtitles).