Worbla Deco Art (WDA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding Pearls - 500g
Worbla ® Deco Art (WDA) are versatile thermoplastic modelling and moulding pearls from the Worbla’s® Art Series. WDA is activated by heat at approximately 65°C (149°F) and hardens after about 10 minutes but can be reactivated at any time. It is ideal for use with moulds or free-form modelling for crafting mixed media arts, costumes and props. It can also be used for smoothing and filling edges and gaps in creations made with the Worbla’s® Finest Art.
- Can be reactivated with heat as often as required at approximately 65°C (149°F)
- Can be dyed directly with acrylic paints and shaped afterwards
- Works perfectly with moulds (e.g. silicone and duroplastic plastics)
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Simple, safe and clean handling, suitable for beginners and professionals
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Leftovers can be re-used and under normal conditions it can be stored for years
To use; Place the little pearls into a metal wire sieve (not plastic) and dip them into hot water. As soon as the material becomes translucent and gels together it is ready to work with.
Heating tip; Heating WDA with a hot air heat gun makes it extremely sticky and will allow it stick to almost anything. Heating WDA with the hot water method is a lot less sticky.
Colouring & dyeing WDA; Acrylic paint, spray-paint and permanent markers can be used for colouring WDA’s surface. Using acrylic paint you can even dye the material itself, just put on some latex gloves and mix the acrylic with the activated pearls and wait until it‘s hardened plus a few more minutes. Afterwards you can reactivate and use the WDA without any mess because the acrylic stays inside the material even while activated allowing for very fine filigree works to be created and any later scratches cannot rasp any paint off the surface.