Dylon Fabric Dye for Hand Use - Smoke Grey (previously called Pewter Grey)
DYLON Permanent Fabric Dyes for hand use are perfectly suited for batik, shibori, ombre dip dye and tie dyeing of cotton, linen, viscose, wool and silk fabrics.
Smaller clothing items like cushion covers, shorts, vests, socks and delicate lace and ribbons that you’d rather not put in the machine can also be hand dyed.
Directions for dyeing fabrics;
- Weigh dry fabric, wash thoroughly, leave damp
- Wearing rubber gloves dissolve the dye powder in 500ml of warm water
- Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with with 6 litres warm water
- Stir in 250g of salt, add dye and stir well
- Submerge fabric in water
- Stir for 15 minutes, then stir regularly for 45 minutes
- Rinse fabric in cold water
- Wash fabric in warm water and dry away from direct heat and sunlight
Keep the ratios of dye, salt and water as per instructions on pack when mixing smaller batches of dye.
1 x 50g sachet of powdered fabric dye.
Please note - Dylon are renaming and repackaging some of their Hand Dye colours to correspond with the same colours as their re-packaged Machine Dyes. We are assured that although the names are changing the product colours remain the same.